1) Kiev-Pechersk Lavra – One of the largest Orthodox shrines of Ukraine, the attraction of history and architecture.
Since its foundation as the cave monastery in 1051 the Kiev-Pechersk monastery was a center of Orthodox Christianity in Kievan Rus. Stauropegi
c Patriarch of Constantinople (1592-1688); 1688 received the status of Lavra monastery.
At the St. Sophia Cathedral listed World Heritage Site. At the monastery operates National Kyiv-Pechersk Historical and Cultural Reserve, which was granted national status in 1996. Monastery of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church Moscow Patriarchate with the status Monastery is located in the Lower Lavra. Both parts of the monastery open to visitors.
Currently, monument under the jurisdiction of the national reserve.
2) St. Andrew’s Church (Ukrainian Orthodox Church) in Kiev – an Orthodox church in honor of the Apostle Andrew the First-Called; Built in the Baroque style by the architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli in 1754 on the Andreevskaya Hill.
It is located on the steep right bank of the Dnieper, over the historical part of the city – Podol. Down from it goes Andreevsky descent, connecting the upper city with the lower one.
At the present time – the current church is the Ukrainian Autocephalous Orthodox Church: daily morning liturgies and evening services, water consecration, baptisms, weddings and rites are held.
The construction of the church was spent 23500 clay bricks, 28977 poods of nails 20 sheets of gold.
The main shrines of the Cathedral of St. Andrew the First belong to the particle of the relics of the Apostle Andrew and the beautifully decorated Gospel presented by the Emperor. At the present time the cathedral is functioning – in it the services of the UOC-Kyiv Patriarchate are held every day.
3) Sophia-Cathedral – Christian Cathedral in the center of Kyiv,
Ukrainian monument of architecture and monumental painting of 11-18 centuries, one of the few surviving buildings of Kievan Rus. One of the most important Christian shrines in Eastern Europe, the historical center of Kiev Metropolis.
Contained in the territory of Sofia monastery is part of the National Reserve “Sophia” (except for the monastery, this reserve includes Golden Gate, St. Andrew’s Church in Kiev Cyril Church and Sudak fortress).
Council, as the main temple of the state, played a role in the spiritual, political and cultural center. Under the arches of Saint Sophia solemn place “planting” on the throne, church councils, receptions ambassadors approval of political agreements. When the cathedral was conducted chronicles, created the first known in library and school.
4) Catholic church of St. Nicholas – the current Roman Catholic church in Kiev,
one of two Roman Catholic in the city built before 1917. Located in the heart of the city on the Great Vasylkivska street. The temple was built in 1899-1909 years in the Gothic Revival style by architect Vladislav Gorodetsky designed by SV Valovskoho. It is located at: ul. Bolshaya Vasilkovskaya, 77.
The construction of the building of the Mykolayiv church was completed in 1909 according to the competitive design of the architect S.V. Valovsky. Project development and construction were carried out under the guidance of the famous Kiev architect V.V. Gorodetsky. Construction lasted 10 years (1899-1909).
Particular attention was paid to aesthetic design and creation of comfortable conditions of the hall. To decorate the houses, colored stained-glass windows were made in the Baltics, at the Lviv furniture factory – soft stylized furniture, in Kivertsi Ivano-Frankivsk region – high-quality parquet.
5) Pokrovsky Monastery – an Orthodox women’s monastery in the Kiev diocese of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (Moscow Patriarchate).
Foundations of 1889 rock great princess Oleksandrou Petrivniyu (in chernets – Anastasia). It is well known in the Glibin Quarter, settled by the volosts Sichovych Striltsiv, Mikoli Pimonenka,
Glibochitsky and Kudryavsky. Until the yogo head, the Veter Bekhterevsky girdle.
Charitable institutions were opened on the territory of the Intercession Monastery. A pharmacy for the poor, a women’s parochial school, a hospital for women, shelters for widows and girls who want to live in a monastery, but who are not yet ready to take tonsure, shelters for incurable women, cripples, orphanages.
Several hospitals functioned on the territory of the monastery.
Here there was an outpatient clinic, in which 500 patients received medical assistance every day free of charge, despite the nationality and religion of the needy. Pokrovsky Monastery became the largest charitable institution in Kiev.
This tour best fits to Weekend Cosmetic Surgery Packages